Monday, October 3, 2011

31 days to Easy Living

So, the blog community is celebrating fall and the changing of seasons and is dedicating this month to change. I will gladly jump on the band wagon. I am committing to 31 days to a tighter budget, streamlined meal plan, clean(er) house, loser pants, and a faith filled heart. Sounds like a lot, but just as spring cleaning has to happen, the changing of the leaves on the Henderson Household Tree has to happen.

Acting our wage

We never really want to act our wage do we? That is until we see that number. It is always that one defining moment when we can take off the rose colored glasses and realize we done a darn good job keeping up with the “Jones” but now who is gonna pay that bill off. What? Me, us? Not fun. The worse part about what Joey and I have done to ourselves is that we had more money and enjoyed more things when only he worked. Somehow my job involved more material things and less spendable income. We did however, face the facts and own up and started acting our wage. We opened up a debt consolidation plan, which turned out to not be the best option. It killed our credit score. We still need to buy a house one day. I pray that when the time is right the numbers will just work, or, I will coupon us into a new house.... woo-hoo.
I did receive an email showing where one of our credit cards is now paid off. When I get my next update on all of our totals I will give a comparison on where we were and how far we have made it. Joey and I toss around getting really dedicated and having our consumer debt paid off in a year. I think it’s achievable; we will just have to make sacrifices, but if we sacrificed it for a year, and we did eliminate that, oh man. To have that burden gone....... I’m psyching myself up. Are you getting excited? Do you feel like tweaking your budget? Let’s do this! (insert fist pumping)

Menu Planning

I think we need to purge the cupboards as much as we can. I think we need to be humble and eat like paupers for a bit. The kids eat at school so I think I can be creative and use what we have for a bit. In the mean time though, I will be stalking Once a Month Mom. I plan to try this to see how it works for me. I like the thought of cooking once and being done. I like knowing a good meal prepared by me is in the freezer/fridge. Grocery shopping once a month will keep me out of the stores, even when couponing, you can start to dump money. Or little purchases here and there and the last minute meal idea could cost you $30 bucks or an unplanned dinner out... that runs us $50 + that can really dig into a budget.

Healthy Me
Yep, I have fallen off that wagon. Not all the way mind you, I managed to catch a foot and am being drug behind the thing. There’s a lot to think about when you’re down here. I will be counting points again. That’s always my easiest way of getting back on track and getting some perspective.

I also will be starting back on a easy going exercising plan. Today I went to the gym at work and did two full body circuits.   Tomorrow morning is cardio, and a pic of my weight so we can keep track of it. Please join me with Posts to let me know where you are too.   I have a picture of Lunch,  baked chips, a spinach, cream cheese (skinny cow, garlic and herb) and turkey low carb wrap, one piece of dark choc, and some Tazo green tea.    Dinner was leftovers from last night, some squash casserole, shout out to pbfingers.com, and a stuffed pepper with turkey and brown rice and more red and yellow peppers.  I had snacks of an apple, 100 calorie pack of almonds and cottage cheese.  Breakfast was plain jane oatmeal with a banana mashed up in it,.

No comments:

Post a Comment