Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Garden, the storms, and life as we know it



Last weekend I planted my garden. Very proud indeed. I took lots of pictures, and intended on starting this blog on my happy Henderson adventures. Oh and two of children took advantage of the water hose.. and for a sneak attack on Daddy, and then Daddy got them back.


Then, the storms came.  The infamous day that went down in history.  We suffered no damage really.  We physically laid eyes on one of the twisters.  On the trip to take the girls home today, we saw much of the devastation first hand.  More than once it took my breath away. My soul cries for those affected. I can't even digest seeing the devastation,  I will not pretend to imagine what living it first hand feels like. 

I now will admit willingly for the first time, I understand what God Fearing means, and to follow that, praising him through the storm. I am my fathers child and I feel that he is speaking to us.  

I am going to post a few pics of my garden and call it a post....  not a very good way to start a blog, but in the spirit of our events, I will now start off slow, as things have been slow, not too much to share. Time in the south has seemingly stopped.    I do send my warmest prayers out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment